Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

2012 Reflections

Well, my launch of my blog last year came to a screeching halt after my first post. Having had back surgery a few months earlier resulted in my hardware coming loose. So back to surgery I went in early March after a horrible period of pain before surgery. Thankfully the second surgery went well. 

In my recovery, I worked on a family reunion for my father's side of the family. The reunion was held in August. My father was 89 and his sister three years younger, so I knew if we were going to have a family reunion, 2012 was going to have to be it! The reunion was a great success and my father and his sister were the bells of the ball. It was hard to get close to them since everyone wanted to visit first.

Unfortunately, things took a turn after the reunion. My father had some issue in the months prior to the reunion. Then the summer heat forced him on several occasions to come to my house where it was cool. On one of those visits he asked me what I would do if he happened to pass before the reunion. I joked with him and said after telling him he was going to live to be a hundred; however if he did, we would put him on ice and have the funeral and reunion on the same day. I think he took me literally. The reunion was on August 25th and my father passed away on September 19th!

The rest of 2012 was spent trying to adjust to the loss of my second parent. My mother passed almost 20 years ago. I am still trying to adjust but getting through the holidays has helped. So hopefully this new year will be the year for my blog! If I can just curb my addiction to Pinterest! (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment